963 reviews analysed
1. Tjernlund DB-2 Duct Booster, Increases Heating and Cooling Power, 275 CFM
Inline Duct Booster, Housing Material Galvanized Steel, Fits Duct Dia. 5 to 8 In., Voltage 115, Max. Amps 0.51, Max. Wattage 40, Number of Speeds 1Length 7 In. CFM at 0.000-In. SP 275Max. Inlet Temp. 200 Degrees F, Inlet and Outlet Dia. 5 to 8 In., 60 Hz, 1 Phase Motor RPM 1550, Motor Enclosure Totally Enclosed, Width 9-1/2 In., Height 8-3/4 In. Speed Control Yes Mounting Position Horizontal Includes Mounting Template Restrictions Note: cfm rating is for 8″ dia. pipe. Air flow will decrease slightly with smaller pipe. In-Line Centrifugal Fan Duct Booster fits in round, square, or flat ducts as shallow as 3-1/4″ deep. One 4″ x 7″ cutout is required. Unit attaches to ductwork with 4 sheet metal screws. May be actuated by 5C968 pressure switch. Steel housing and wheel. 1/70 HP, 1550 rpm, 115V, 60 Hz permanently lubricated motor is positioned out of the air stream. UL Listed. Max. operating air temp.: 200 F; not for use with combustion exhaust Motor shaft should remain horizontal to the floor; mount on bottom of horizontal or side of vertical duct.
2. Tjernlund EF-6 Duct Booster Fan, 6"
Ith this duct fan installed into your home or business building, you’ll be able to boost the ventilation into or out of a certain area. Move warm or cool air into rooms that are notoriously hard to keep at a comfortable temperature.
3. Coolerguys USB Powered Cooling Fan Kits (Single 120mm)
Coolrguys USB Powered 120mm Fan with Cabinet Bracket
This 120mm USB version of our Cabcool cooling kits is a great selection if you just want a no nonsense easy to install kit to keep your stuff cool. To use this kit you will need access to a USB port.
This is a complete kit for a single 120mm fan unit (6.25" x 6.25" x .125") that will quietly cool your cabinet or multimedia center.
Can be mounted on any side of a cabinet, where room permits, by cutting a hole approximately 3/4" smaller on all sides of the outside bracket.
Insert completed cooler assembly in hole and attach to cabinet with appropriate screws.
Fan(s) can be set to blow into or out of the cabinet depending on your needs.
Cooling Unit includes the following:
(1) Coolerguys 120x120x25mm USB Fan with Grill
(1) Black Fan bracket (6.25" x 6.25" x .125")
(1) Black 120mm Mesh Grill with Honeycomb 6mm holes
(1) Black 120mm Black Fan Grill/Guard
(8) Fan Screws to attach grill(s)
Pack – 4" Nylon Multi-Purpose Tie Black
(4) 1/2" black Cabinet screw(s)
All necessary screws, cables, and fasteners to complete the unit are included
Rated Voltage: 5 Volts
Tail: 16 inch /Dual
RPM: 1200 +/- 10%
Bearing: Dual Ball
MTFB: 50,000 hrs
br> This is a DIY kit and some assembly and installation is needed.
4. HG Power 5 inch Mixed Flow Inline Duct Fan HF-P Series Booster Exhaust Extractor Inline Ducting Fans for House or Grow Tent
- MAKING FRESH AIR: Exhaust and Intake air to rooms in a quick and reasonably quiet way, circulate fresh air, control humidity, excess heat, smell and air quality in grow area.
- SAFER MOUNTING BASE: the HG POWER extractor fan have a safer mounting base. it designed according to safety requirements and fan structure for easy installation.
- LOW NOISE FAN BLADE DESIGN: fan blade is designed according to hydromechanical principle to reach the optimal airflow and air pressure, high efficiency working, low energy consumption and low noise(<
- EASY TO INSTALLATION: lightweight plastic fan habe special design of joint to facilitate installation and dismounting
- easy installation and maintenance.
- LONG USING LIFE AND MULTI-ENVIRONMENT: using Japanese NMB bearing, over 50000 hours. suit for grow tents, green rooms, hydroponics, basements, attics, hospital rooms, commercial cooling and industrial applications.
5. Broan 512M Through-Wall Fan, 6-Inch 70 CFM 3.5 Sones
Broan 512M 6 through wall ventilation fan 70 CFM 3.5 Sones. Easy exterior wall installation features a white interior grille and louvered exterior wall cap with built-in bird screen. 6-Inch diameter flexible aluminum duct included. Accommodates walls from 5-1/4-Inch to 10-Inch. Use with remotely mounted wall switch or Broan model 57W or 57V. Variable speed control (available separately). Wall cap measures 8-Inch square.
Ideal for a kitchen, laundry room, workshop, or other space in need of effective ventilation, the 6-inch Broan through wall utility fan (model 512M) helps remove anything from cooking fumes and odors to excess humidity or tobacco smoke. It moves air at 70 cubic feet per minute (CFM), and it produces a quiet 3.5-sone level of sound.
The fan installs easily through an exterior wall that measures between 5-1/4 inches and 10 inches thick, and a 6-inch-diameter flexible aluminum duct comes included. Attractively designed, the two round-shaped white polymeric grilles can be painted to match decor, and the interior grille spins on easily to install. Its permanently lubricated, thermally protected motor is strong and durable, and its 25-gage steel housing has an electrically bonded black epoxy paint finish. It can be controlled with a remotely mounted wall switch or Broan model 57W or 57V variable speed control (not included).
Considerations When Choosing a Home Ventilation System
Homes are now built much more efficiently than they once were, making them far less costly to heat and air condition. That said, having proper ventilation throughout the home is now imperative in order to provide a safe and comfortable living environment. Broan ventilation fans provide the best solutions to ensure that contaminants are constantly removed from the indoors.
Eliminating excess moisture keeps your home dry and comfortable and can help avoid mold and mildew. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) “outgas” from construction materials such as plywood, carpet, fabric, paint, adhesive, insulation, and other common items. Allergens, dust, cooking vapor, and what the kids bring home from school are more reasons why good ventilation is critical.
Sones measure the “sound level” of your fan
A sone is a measurement of sound in terms of comfortable hearing level for an average listener. The lower the sone value, the more comfortable the environment. Sones are not decibels or volume, but rather how sound is “sensed.” One sone is half as loud as two sones, and is equivalent to a quiet refrigerator.
Calculate the air movement necessary for proper ventilation
Air movement is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM). To determine CFM requirements, first determine the size of your room. Measure and multiply the length, width and ceiling height of your room to determine cubic footage. Then use the multiplication factor of .13 and round up to the next “ten.” Here are three examples:
Example 1: Bathroom with 8′ ceiling: 7′ wide x 9′ long x 8′ high x .13 = 66. Select a bath fan with at least 70 CFM.
Example 2: Bathroom with 9′ ceiling: 10′ wide x 9′ long x 9′ high x .13 = 105. Select a bath fan with at least 110 CFM.
Example 3: For a bathroom with a vaulted ceiling, use the average ceiling height at the wall and the peak: 8′ wide x 12′ long x ((8′ at wall + 12′ at peak) / 2 = 10′) average height x .13 = 125. Select a fan (or fans) with at least 130 CFM.
In 1932, Henry Broan developed and manufactured a kitchen fan called the Motordor Fan that provided quiet and efficient kitchen ventilation. Today, Broan-NuTone leads the industry with forward-thinking residential ventilation products, customized climate, communications and storage solutions and superior customer service. The Broan brand focuses on range hoods, ventilation fans, heater/fan/light combination units, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) fresh air systems, built-in heaters, whole-house fans, attic ventilators and trash compactors, while the NuTone brand offers door chimes, central vacuum systems, stereo intercom systems, medicine cabinets, ironing centers, ceiling fans and ventilation fans.
512M 6-Inch Through the Wall Ventilator
At a Glance
- Includes 6-inch diameter flexible aluminum duct
- Moves 70 cubic feet per minute (CFM)
- Produces a 3.5-sone level of sound
- Accommodates walls from 5-1/4 to 10 inches thick
- White interior grille and louvered exterior wall cap with built-in bird screen
- Can be used with remotely mounted wall switch or Broan 57W or 57V variable speed control (sold separately)
- 1-year limited warranty
6. Iliving ILG8SF10V Wall-Mounted Variable Speed Shutter Exhaust Fan, 10"
- 10 inch variable speed shutter exhaust fan with automatic Shutters
- UL listed with speed controllable, permanently lubricated motor
- Corrosion-resistant with OSHA compliant wire guards
- Variable speed functionality with the purchase of the iLIVING ILG8SFSC speed controller. Speed controller sold separately
- 120 Volts, 1/25 HP, 0.55 amp, 1580 rpm, 600 CFM
The iLIVING shutter exhaust fan is perfect for removing excess heat, moisture, and unpleasant odors from virtually any commercial location, including restaurants, factories, warehouses, barns, and greenhouses. This fan features aluminum blades, OSHA compliant wire guards, and automatic shutters that open and close in tandem with the operation of the fan. The completely enclosed motor is thermally protected and permanently lubricated. The fan comes fully assembled out of the box; only installation required is the electrical hardwire. The shutter fan comes in 8 different sizes: 10 inch, 12 inch, 16 inch, 18 inch, 20 inch, 24 inch, 30 inch, and 36 inch; the 18 inch shutter fan has both a variable Speed ILG8SF24V and a single Speed model. The iLIVING 30 inch and 36 inch shutter fans are only available in single Speed. For variable Speed models, the iLIVING ILG8SFSC Speed controller is sold separately.
7. Hon&Guan 6” Home Ventilation Fan Bathroom Garage Exhaust Fan Ceiling and Wall Mount Exhaust Fan for Kitchen/Bathroom, Super Silent, Strong Exhaust (High CFM) 150D
- ❄️ 【Modern design】❄️ Modern design and good looking, the unit provides continuous and quiet ventilation to allow speedy reduction of humidity levels and avoid mildew and mould growth. Paremeters: Air flow 160 CFM, Power:25w, Voltage: 110v
- ❄️【Durable material】❄️ Fan frame and blade are made of high quality durable ABS plastic,UV resistant, makes it high efficiency working and long working life. Effective, extremely quiet ventilation clears humidity and odors quickly
- ❄️ 【Whisper quiet】❄️ Hon&Guan used silent-clever technology with only 0.8 sone, continuous or periodic exchaust ventilation area such as bathroom, showers, kitchens and other spaces.
- ❄️ 【Energy saving】❄️ It has reliable low power consumption, power:25W, continuous operation, and the protection class is IP34.
- ❄️ 【Easy installation】❄️ The fans can be directly mounted into the ventilation shaft also suitable for ceiling mounting, just fix the fan to wall by self-tapping screws. With plug.Front panel dimension:205*205*14mm
- Back duct dimension 150*150*125mm
8. Smart Vent Insulated Foundation Flood Vent, FEMA Compliant and ICC-ES Certified – Model 1540-520, 16" x 8"
- Smart Vent Foundation Flood Vents are FEMA Compliant and ICC-ES Certified (ESR-2074) for 200 sq. ft. of flood protection per vent
- Bi-directional flood vent feature allows for the free entry and exit of flood water, relieving hydrostatic pressure to help prevent foundation damage and lower your flood risk. Our Insulated model contains an insulated core and weather stripping to keep your enclosure as insulated as possible.
- The Smart Vent product line is constructed out of Marine Grade Stainless Steel and is 100% made in the United States. T316L Stainless Steel is renowned for its ability to withstand usage in harsh marine and chemical environments, ensuring that our products will handle everything Mother Nature throws at them
- The lower flood risk associated with the proper installation of Smart Vents can lead to a much lower insurance premium for you home. Save money and protect your property with engineered flood vents.
- Easily surface-mounted over your foundation using Hurribond or an equivalent adhesive. Finish off your Insulated Smart Vent installation by adding our new Flood Vent Sealing Kit which creates a tight seal and finishes off the interior space.
9. Keen Home Smart Vent – 4"x12"
We believe your home should be your sanctuary and not another source of stress. Our products ensure that when you get home, your home gets you. The Smart Vent was designed to increase comfort and reduce energy costs by regulating your home’s temperature room-by-room.
From the Manufacturer
Sensor calculates individual room temperature to better regulate airflow
Sensor measures air pressure at the vent for system protection and diagnostics
Advanced control algorithms enhance battery life, extending it for years
Strategically placing 4 – 8 Smart Vents throughout your home, in rooms that are over-conditioned or rarely used, creates a balanced home temperature system that enhances comfort room by room.The Smart Vent’s built-in temperature and pressure sensors wirelessly communicate with each other—as well as other smart devices—to regulate and redirect airflow when needed.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Room-by-room. Intelligent. Zoning.
Where did you get the inspiration for your product?
Nayeem, Ryan, and Will all grew up in homes with central air. They all suffered from the typical hot and cold spots that many homeowners deal with on a daily basis. In early 2013, Ryan was lying in his bed, with hot air pouring on him from the air vent above his head. He thought how much more comfortable he’d be if he could control the airflow from his phone, which was lying on his bedside table. Ryan brought the idea to Nayeem and Will and all three began running experiments in their homes that winter. They observed that selectively closing certain vents enhanced both comfort and efficiency of a home’s central HVAC system. The Smart Vent was born.
What differentiates your product from similar products out there?
Currently, there are no truly intelligent air vents on the market. Our product installs in a few minutes and a system of just 4-8 Smart Vents can achieve much of the benefits of a multi-thousand dollar professionally-installed damper system. Moreover, our Smart Vents are wirelessly connected and can work together to make the smartest decisions for your home’s airflow. Finally, the Keen Home app gives users the ability to take control of their airflow and also gain insight into the health of their HVAC system.
Tell us about the best and most challenging parts of the creation process.
Building a connected device presents many of the challenges that software companies face and combines them with the difficulties of hardware manufacturing. Thankfully, we have built an excellent team that has a wealth of hardware and software development experience. The entire team is motivated every day by the fact that at Keen Home, we’re building products that will truly enhance the way people live in their homes. With our technology, we want your home to take care of you—not the other way around.
10. Tjernlund AD-1 Auto Draft Stove Blower Model
The Auto-Draft can be installed on any wood or coal burning stove pipe 5″ to 8″ in diameter. It is designed to solve draft problems without increasing the height or diameter of the chimney. With the Auto-Draft your hard starting stove draws immediately. No smoky back up–even with moist or hard to ignite types of wood. Once the fire is burning, adjust the variable speed control knob on the electrical box to achieve the maximum efficiency of your stove. The Auto-Draft provides for total utilization of your wood, leaving only a fine ash residue in most cases.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Rectangular Heating Duct Boster Fan for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!